YouTube marketing can be defined as the process of promoting a company and its products on the YouTube platform by uploading quality videos to a company’s YouTube channel.
Video content is the secret to successful content marketing.
YouTube is the home of online video content, both for marketing professionals and regular consumers.
- 8 out of 10web users watches YouTube videos
- YouTube is the second largest search engine
- 1B hours are being watched each day on YouTube.
YouTube is basically essential for businesses, especially for digital marketing teams. And you have no other option than to seek more visibility for your YouTube videos.
So, how to promote your YouTube channel and take your YouTube marketing strategy to a new level?
In this article, you’ll find 7 proven tactics to improve your YouTube marketing, create Google-friendly content, and double subscribers to your YouTube channel.
1. Make Compelling Video Titles
The first step in our YouTube marketing guide is to optimize your video title.
No matter how good your video looks, it’s useless if no one clicks on it. So it’s imperative that you optimize your video titles to bring in viewers.
Here are some useful tips for creating the perfect video title for greater reach:
- The YouTube SEO starts with finding the right keywords: Keywords in the title tell Google crawlers what your video is about. And good keywords also tell your viewers what they can expect, so it’s a win/win.
- Keep the title short. The ideal length of video titles shouldn’t exceed 60 characters. Readers should see the whole title in a glance.
- Create clear and descriptive titles. Don’t force viewers to figure it out. Let readers know what the video is about.
- Tell readers why they need to watch the video. They need a reason to spend their time and view the content. They want to know how they will benefit from it.
Use this formula to come up with a good video title:
- Identify a central idea of your video
- Search for short and descriptive keyword phrases that address this theme
- YouTube SEO: Find the rights keywords for your video title.
- Choose a title which answers the most important question for viewers
- Use the SE Ranking keyword suggestion toolto do keyword research
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzerhelps you analyze your titles
- Check out what’s trending on YouTubeto see other good titles
- YouTube SEO: How to Rank your YouTube Videos
2. Create Perfect YouTube Thumbnails
The second step in this YouTube marketing guide is to create good thumbnails.
Effective YouTube thumbnails make users click right away and make your YouTube channel more recognizable. Thumbnails should be relevant to the video’s content and title.
Include short descriptions and relevant images in your thumbnails to help people understand what your YouTube video is about. Here is how Amerisleep does that:
Catch the interest of people and tell a story using your thumbnails. You should make them wonder what happens next.
Ideally, your title and YouTube thumbnail will tell a complementary story together.
Here are some useful tips for custom thumbnails:
- Use standard video sizes – 1280×720 or 1920×1080. Smaller sizes can look blurry.
- Use only high-quality images.
- Include the video title on your thumbnail as it helps attract more views.
- Image formats should be JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, or TIF.
- Use the 16:9 aspect ratio that works best for YouTube players.
- Keep a consistent look and adhere to this style to all your thumbnails.
- Use emotion. Include exciting faces and focus on the eyes.
- Use Photoshopto customize thumbnails.
- If you want to know how well your thumbnails will work, you can test them using AdWords.
3. Limit your YouTube Videos to Under 5 Minutes
The third step in our YouTube marketing guide is to optimize video length.
If you want to get the most out of your videos, focus on their total watch time. Based on the Comscore survey, the duration of the majority of the YouTube videos is about 5 minutes.
If you create long videos by just repeating yourself, it won’t help. People need a good reason to be interested in your YouTube video. You can experiment with video length to figure out what works best for maximum engagement.
Here are a few tips you should follow:
- Create high-quality content in each YouTube video
- Optimize your videos to be under 5 minutes
- Make them interesting, informative and short
- Use YouTube Analyticsto view what’s working for your channel and get deeper insights into views, subscribers, watch time, and more.
4. Brand Your YouTube Channel
The fourth step of our YouTube marketing guide is to make your brand visually appealing.
BBranding your YouTube channel is the next thing you should do to make it visually attractive and encourage visitors to take you seriously. It helps you increase brand awareness and spend more time with your audience.
Here is a good example of branded YouTube channel at Work Examiner:
Use your company logo for your YouTube channel. If you’re an independent video blogger, you can use your headshot instead of a logo.
To help people find you, add titles and descriptions to your videos. On top of the banner image, you also can include links to your website and social media.
If you talk about a certain product in your YouTube video, you can also use self-branded overlays. Many people don’t know about these, but they give you a chance to retain people when they watch your videos.
As well as creating visual branding, it’s important to make an informative and relevant bio about your company or your personality. Let people know what interests and inspire you. Make it short and engaging.
Here is a good example from Injury Trial Lawyers, APC:
- Use Bannersnackto create online banner covers for your YouTube channel.
5. Include Calls-to-Action (CTAs)
The fifth step in our YouTube marketing guide is to include CTAs in your YouTube videos.
Adding calls to action to your videos will help you create more engagement on YouTube. They can also be irritating, so try to use them in the right way.
No matter what goals you have, to get more likes or more subscribers, be clear and concise about key actions people need to take.
You can add your website link or ask for subscribers to your channel within the video or at the end to help people understand the next step.
If your goal is to attract a lot of subscribers, try to do it smartly. Your efforts will be rewarded in the long run.
6. Share Videos via Social Media
The sixth step in our YouTube marketing guide is to master sharing on social media.
Sharing your videos on social media is fundamental if you want to grow your YouTube channel. As a savvy marketer, it’s important not only to publish your latest videos on social media but also to be active in social communities and groups.
Each social platform has its own culture, and you need to figure out which one is best for you and where your efforts will be appreciated.
Use the following effective tips to promote your videos:
- Add your YouTube video to SlideShare presentations
- Share your YouTube video on Pinterest and Twitter
- Make a mini promo video on your Facebook page and link back to your original YouTube video
- Integrate your videos into your blog content
- Publish your videos on Scoop.it
- Promote and share your videos on relevant Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn groups, and communities
- Include your videos in guest posts on related websites
- Add your YouTube channel to your Instagram bio
- Use Reddit for getting YouTube views
- Use the SE Ranking social management toolto upload, schedule and share your videos on your social networks.
- YouTube APIslet you create YouTube badges for your website to increase visibility and link back to your channel.
- Boosterberg helps automatically evaluate and promote your videos that create much value on Facebook.
7. Work With Other YouTubers
Step seven of our YouTube marketing guide is to collaborate with other YouTubers.
Сollaborative videos have become popular among content creators. It’s a good way to find a new audience and increase your subscriber base. It’s also a win/win situation for you, your partner and your target audience.
Collaborating with other influencers is a great social proof move for your audience. Working with other well-known channels makes you look good by association.
Here are a few ideas on how to do that:
- Interact with your audience and ask what else they want to watch in the comments.
- Find YouTube influencers and other brands in your niche and make videos together.
- Collaborate with brands and Youtubers that are more powerful than yours. The most powerful Youtubers work only with people they know well.
- It is not obligatory to work only with one brand or a person. You can connect with a few at a time or even more.
- Collaborate with influencers from other social networks.
Collaborating with other people has a lot of advantages as it helps you make solid relationships with brands and influencers and grow your audience exponentially.
- If you want to track a channel’s size and audience on YouTube and figure out who has the same audience as you, you can useSocial Blade.
M. C. Escher saidthat “only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible”. If you want to grow YouTube presence, you should start to promote your YouTube channel and experimenting and learning what works best for you and adhere to these tactics.
Staying true to your brand is as important as your personality. Keep monitoring any changes, see how they are influencing your audience’s behavior, and update your YouTube strategy.
Create quality, interesting video content for your viewers, grab their attention with thumbnails, hook your audience, stick to your word, and deliver on your promises.
How can I improve my YouTube marketing? ›
- Write engaging, must-see titles. ...
- Optimize your videos for visibility. ...
- Figure out what your audience wants. ...
- Engage with the YouTube community. ...
- Customize your thumbnails. ...
- Cross-promote your own videos on YouTube. ...
- Target Google search results. ...
- Run a contest or giveaway.
- Create a channel on YouTube.
- Research your target audience.
- Conduct competitive analysis.
- Create videos based on the YouTube algorithm.
- Start uploading content to your channel.
- Provide all the necessary information on your channel.
- Promote your videos.
- Consider influencer marketing.
- Create Content Worth Promoting.
- Use YouTube SEO.
- Build a Community.
- Collaborate With Other Creators.
- Run a Contest.
- Promote Your YouTube Channel on Social Media.
- Use Hashtags.
- Promote Your YouTube Channel on Forums.
- Invest in Your Video Quality. ...
- Perform YouTube Keyword Research. ...
- SEO Optimize Your YouTube Videos. ...
- Optimize YouTube Videos for Watch Time. ...
- Invest in High-Quality Video Thumbnails. ...
- Interview Other YouTube Creators. ...
- Embed YouTube Videos in Relevant Blog Posts.
This PROVEN Tactic Makes Your Videos Go VIRAL! - YouTubeHow can I cheat more views on YouTube? ›
SECRET HACK to Get More Views on YouTube in 2022How do you grow YouTube subscribers? ›
- Break Your 1,000-Subscriber Goal Into Small Chunks. ...
- Add a YouTube Subscribe Button to Your Videos. ...
- Identify Which Videos Attract the Most Subscribers. ...
- Place a YouTube Subscribe Link in Video Descriptions. ...
- Do a YouTube Collab to Reach New Viewers.
- Ask your viewers to subscribe. ...
- End your video by teasing what you're working on next. ...
- Verify your Google account. ...
- Interact with your audience and make friends (a.k.a. build community) ...
- Create effective channel branding. ...
- Add a custom channel trailer.
- Promote Your Channel to Existing Fans. ...
- Optimize Your YouTube Channel Profile. ...
- Create a YouTube Video Popup. ...
- Make Attention-Grabbing Thumbnails. ...
- Optimize Your Title and Description. ...
- Run a Viral YouTube Giveaway. ...
- Display Your YouTube Playlist on Your Site.
1. Product Reviews. Unsurprisingly, product reviews are at the top of our list. The #1 most watched video type on Youtube, product reviews can attract a lot of new subscribers who otherwise might not have found your channel.
What is the best YouTube promote platform? ›
- 1️⃣ Instagram. With over 500 million users, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for creators and influencers who want to promote their content and connect with their niche. ...
- 2️⃣ Facebook. ...
- 3️⃣ LinkedIn. ...
- 4️⃣ Twitter.
Top 9 YouTube Trends
- YouTube Challenges. ...
- YouTube Shorts. ...
- Live Streaming. ...
- Community Engagement. ...
- ASMR. ...
- DIY/Life Hacks/How to. ...
- Immersive Shopping. ...
- 360 Video.
To start earning money directly from YouTube, creators must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year. Once they reach that threshold, they can apply for YouTube's Partner Program, which allows creators to start monetizing their channels through ads, subscriptions, and channel memberships.How many views is viral? ›
While there is no precise number when it comes to viral content, as a general rule, around 250,000 views will take your content into the realms of mildly viral.How can I hack 10000 subscribers on YouTube? ›
How To Get 10000 Subscribers On YoutubeDoes looping a video count as views? ›
Do replays count as views on YouTube? Yes, but only if the replays seem natural. If you replay a video once, it will count as a view. However, if you constantly refresh the page to artificially up the view count, YouTube will pinpoint this as a spamming practice (see the Views, reloaded definition above).How much money do you get for 10000 views on YouTube? ›
The actual rates an advertiser pays varies, usually between $0.10 to $0.30 per view, but averages out at $0.18 per view. On Average, the YouTube channel can receive $18 per 1,000 ad views. This equates to $3 - $5 per 1000 video views.What happens at 10k subs? ›
YouTube has launched its own version of Stories, giving creators with 10,000 or more subscribers access to the new content feature. First launched by Snapchat, Stories have become a popular form of content across Facebook, Instagram.What is SEO YouTube? ›
What is a YouTube SEO strategy? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the ever-changing practice of designing web content to rank highly in search engine results pages (SERPs). Search is often the gatekeeper to your content, so optimizing your content for search is necessary to attract traffic and grow a following.How fast do YouTube channels grow? ›
And then if you get engagement, it will rank higher in the search results. You might be wondering, "How do I grow my YouTube channel fast? And how long will it take to grow my YouTube channel?" According to data, it takes an average of 22 months for a channel to reach 1,000 subscribers.
How many times a week should I post on YouTube? ›
Recent reports have shown that YouTube channels that post more than once a week are performing much better and getting more recommended views. If possible, post a video to YouTube three or more times per week, especially if you're just starting out and trying to build an audience.What days are best to post on YouTube? ›
So, posting in the morning gives YouTube a chance to index your video content and populate its search results. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are the best days to post on YouTube. The closer the audience gets to the weekend, the better the content appears to perform.What are the best times to upload on YouTube? ›
When is the best time to post on YouTube? Our 2022 social media trends report shows that the best times to post on YouTube are between 6-9 p.m., 3- 6 p.m., and 12-3 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.Is it too late to start a YouTube channel 2022? ›
Absolutely not! 2022 is perfect to start a new YouTube channel.What type of YouTube content is most popular? ›
The top four content categories watched by YouTube users are comedy, music, entertainment/pop culture, and "how to." Google/Ipsos Connect, U.S., YouTube Cross Screen Survey (n=1,621 YouTube users), July 2016.What content pays the most on YouTube? ›
- Make Money Online. $13.52.
- Social Media Marketing. $12.41.
- Finance & Investing. $12.25.
- Educational Videos. $9.89.
- Photography & Film Making. $7.31.
- Cars. $4.23.
- Lifestyle. $3.47.
- Fashion & Clothing. $3.13.
What is the YouTube algorithm? The YouTube algorithm is a set of computer instructions designed to process videos and associated content such as comments, description, engagements etc in order to rank and recommend videos based on relevance and viewer satisfaction.Why my YouTube videos get no views? ›
Your video thumbnail is not engaging.
If your video thumbnail is of low quality, people will assume that the video will have the same quality, so they won't click on it either. Having no views on youtube starts with your thumbnail — be honest, and give your thumbnails a rating out of ten.
Yes, without promotion also YouTube channel will grow. All you have to do is create videos and upload regularly.How do I know if my YouTube channel is doing well? ›
The Overview tab in YouTube Analytics gives you a high-level summary of how your channel and videos are performing on YouTube. The key metrics card shows your views, watch time, subscribers, and estimated revenue (If you're in the YouTube Partner Program).
What traditional marketing technique is YouTube closest to? ›
What traditional marketing technique is YouTube closest to? Explanation: Television advertising is traditional marketing technique is YouTube closest.What is YouTube marketing communication? ›
2.1. YouTube Marketing Communication. It developed YouTube as an ICT digital information and entertainment channel but later became a significant revenue-generating channel. YouTube content is available but generates revenue through marketing communication through mobile devices, such as smartphones.What is the main goal of YouTube marketing? ›
One of your objectives for your YouTube marketing should be to help your customer find you. A catchy slogan or prominent company name throughout the video can keep you on people's minds long after they've seen your message online. They can then do an online search and find you.